Are you a Harry Potter fan?

Home Forums LOAD220 Forum Are you a Harry Potter fan?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Alice Boll
    Keymaster

I’d love to know… are you a Harry Potter fan? Do you read the books, watch the movies, do even more Potterhead activities?

OR…

Is this your first introduction to Harry Potter?

Alice Boll
    Keymaster

As you probably noticed I’m a total Potterhead (that’s the nerdy word for serious Harry Potter fans)
    I’m really wishing I took more photos and videos when we went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios… I was so busy soaking it all up that I barely took any photos!

DietraKessel
    Participant

I am not to much my self but my son is. I have enjoyed learning about it.

Jean Schmuker
    Participant

I am a Harry POtter fan–have been one since the first book came out in England. I was a school librarian at the time and heard about Philosopher’s Stone in an online forum for librarians. I ordered it as soon as it came out in US and read it to my second grader. The whole family became fans–I read the books to her until she could read them herself. My husband is no reader so he listened to the cd’s. We visited Harry Potter World in Florida two years after it opened. My daughter has been there many times (she worked in Florida for a year) and in fact just was there last week at the end of a cruise. This was probably TMI but thanks for asking.

Riza Punongbayan
    Participant

Yes! My daughter and Husband are Harry Potter nerds and are well versed in the wizarding world. Unlike them, I only know it through the movies and I love them! We watch the movies every few months and are planning to see the Cursed Child in San Francisco on the spring.

Melissa Shanhun
    Participant

I was working in a prep school library at the time the The Prisoner of Azkaban came out (1999). I was 18 so a bit old, or so I thought. So I didn’t pick them up and didn’t have time to read them while at Uni.

I probably should read them as Emily is 10 and probably a good age for them?

Frances Mikesell
    Participant

Yes I am a fan! I have read and listened to the books and watched the movies. My kids enjoy them it as well. I just binge watched the movies again right before Load started:) Three cheers for J.K. Rowling!

Alison Day
    Participant

Yep. Big fan. I was living in Scotland when they came out and remember buying Book 1 at Heathrow on one of my trips back home. Addicted ever since! My daughters love the movies but I think the only one to have read ALL the books is my eldest, Marley (almost 16). I took Marley & Paige (13) to the Harry Potter studios outside London in 2017 and last spring break we went to Universal Studios in LA so my youngest got to experience a bit of the magic too. The two younger girls are now working their way through the books.
    Oh, and “santa” brought the girls a Harry Potter Fantastical Beasts board game for Christmas. So yeah, we are a tiny bit obsessed! 😂

Wendy Kiely
    Participant

Have read all the books watched all the movies. My husband is busy reading the books to our son 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

My daughter recently encouraged me to read the series. I am in the middle of reading Goblet of Fire. It is very good so far.

Nadine Ballantyne
    Participant

I am! I have read all of the books in the Harry Potter series, but have not read the Fantastic Beasts, Crimes of Grindewald, The Cursed Child. I have watched all of the movies including Fantastic Beasts, and Crimes of Grindewald, many times. I absolutely loved the Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Florida when we went in 2011, and I’m looking forward to going again later this year.

Nikki Kann
    Participant

Yes! I’ve been reading the books since they were first was published.(1996?) I believe I was 25 years old. We had a book club and one friend who liked fantasy/sci-fi as much as I did, suggested it. I couldn’t put it down. I was a Potterhead from the get-go. This was 5 years before I had kids. I’ve since read all 7 books multiple times and watched the movies in theaters & own the dvds. I’m so enthralled, I even bought the tapes and/or CD audiobooks of every book so I could listen on the 40 min drive to work back then. I’m nuts. Lol. Once I had kids, I would read HP to them when they were toddlers. My now 18 yo DD wasn’t a big reader, so she liked the movies much more than the books. My now 14 yo son who could read at age 3, started reading The Sorcerer’s Stone by himself at age 5 and gradually read them all before the age of 12. My son and I also loved playing the Lego Harry Potter Wii game together and finished all the years. Both kids had Harry Potter birthday parties that I happily planned in great detail. We have been to the theme park twice (but only saw one side each time.) One year Ethan dressed as Harry in his Quidditch robe, Elyse was Luna Lovegood and many years later I dressed as a Ravenclaw student. Yes! The sorting hat would put me in Ravenclaw. Lol. For both my birthday and Christmas this year, I received some more HP gifts. My favorite was that my hubby and son made us an HP dinner (roasted Cornish hens, mashed potatoes and roasted veggies) with pumpkin pasties for dessert! We played HP trivia afterwards!

Alice Boll
    Keymaster

Goblet of fire is perhaps my favourite book, although I’m not sure I can choose just one! I hope you enjoy it Alice.

Dianne Labadie
    Participant

Yes, I was introduced by my daughter when the first book came out. She happened to be visiting her Grandparents in Ottawa, Canada when the first book “Harry and the Philosopher’s Stone” came out in 1997. She was excited that she was getting the UK edition vs. the US edition of “Harry and the Sorcerer’s Stone”. She was 11 years old at the time.

I was able to read the books after she finished each one. It was a long wait (2 years) between each book. I will eventually read the series again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have read all the books multiple times and watched all the movies multiple times! I was not going to do LOAD, but saw the theme and just had to! Now I am 9 for 9 layouts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.