Are you feeling overwhelmed?

Home Forums LOAD220 Forum Are you feeling overwhelmed?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SandyH
    Participant

Here we are at Day 20 and I’ve done a LO everyday. But, oh boy, am I struggling! I am determined to finish but due to demands on my time, today’s LO is not much. The upcoming ones won’t be much either. Just trying to get through. Are you with me? Or am I alone?

lisainre
    Participant

I think it’s normal to hit that point at some time in the month. I know that I get it and there was definitely a day a few days ago when I seriously wondered if I could come up with a layout. But I did and I’m through that. I think that I will slip up at the end of the month due to Saturday commitments but who knows? Why don’t you spend a few minutes with your photos when you are not sitting down to scrapbook specifically and pick out a few with stories that you want to tell and get them lined up ready to go. That way, you won’t have that pressure to perform but will still be telling stories you want. I think for me it’s important to remind myself from time to time during a LOAD month that I’m doing this because I want to! It’s a hobby and I still want to have fun. As soon as I’m not having fun, I try to let go of the pressure! Good luck!

Nadine Ballantyne
    Participant

I have a couple of very long work days where I felt like coming home and doing a layout was a chore. But, for me it’s a day by day thing.

Marcie Levine
    Participant

It is challenging, that’s for sure. I like Lisa’s idea of spending time with photos during some off time. I have so many printed that I need to scrap I think I will do this…Thanks, Lisa!

Dianne Labadie
    Participant

That’s a great idea to look at pictures and decide what you want to do.

Dianne Labadie
    Participant

I am still hanging in there and please with every layout I have produced. It sure is taking all my free time and more. I am a slow scrapper as I like things to be just so. I am very proud of myself for accomplishing so much! I starting to count done the days left. Nine more layouts! The end result will be well worth it. I have seen so many nice layouts here. I hope to be able to lift the ones I really like.

lisainre
    Participant

A reverse countdown is a good idea if the month seems to be going on forever! Ha ha!

margaret3
    Participant

I found that having a specific project (or projects) in mind helps a lot. I’m working on finishing my daughter’s album, which I started in LOAD last year, and am nearly finished. I’m very motivated to be done! I do find that some days, due to time or motivation, my layouts are much simpler than I like. But I figure that, in the future, will anyone look at the pages and say, “Well, this one’s very pretty/creative/eye-catching, but his one not so much?”

Laura Parsons
    Participant

The last 7 days were pretty tough because I came down with Influenza B and as I came out of that, I got Shingles. The last few days I have just been super tired and only had one layout that I almost didn’t do(and is pretty pitiful) because I felt so bad. That said, I have been scrapping with some really really old paper and embellishments and also have done a mini purge/start of reorganizing my scrapping stuff- and that all makes me happy.
    I tend to only scrap during LOADs so I really want to complete one LO a day.
    Hang in there Sandy! You can do it! You’re in the home stretch!

Misty
    Participant

Hey Sandy, for me I started off strong and this past week has been tough. For me, trying to stick to the prompts is hard so I’ve let that go and I’ve just been scrapping from a set of photos I had set aside for working on this month. My pages have also gotten simpler as time has passed this month but I’m just going to be okay with that.

Do what you can, and if isn’t making you happy then think of what you might want to let go. And that just might be the every day piece.

Evelyn Wullner
    Participant

I am with you Sandy! But, I have to say… I SO LOVE LOAD as it forces me to scrap pictures in a meaningful way and BONUS is USING SO MUCH of my STASH!!!! 😍❤️😍 but YES this past week was tough in terms of time. And my scrap room/desk is a MESS even though I TRY to clear up before beginning a new layout!

HANG in there! And just Breathe….

Evelyn Wullner
    Participant

Misty- LOVE your advice!

Dianne Labadie
    Participant

I’m actually getting a boost of adrenaline as we head for the finish! I am proud of myself as I made a commitment and as of today I am 22/22. The end is very near! Still enjoying the prompts, but the pictures are still an issue for me. Hang in there everyone, Saturday will be here again before we know it! One page is better than none page!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.