Class: Creative Cutouts with Stamps
Instructor: Sam Adams from This Messy Desk
February 20, 2020 Sam Adams from This Messy Desk taught us how to have a lot of fun mixing die cuts and stamping.
- Try different colour schemes to work with your photos, multicoloured or monochromatic.
- Use your larger stamps first.
- Stamp with words or images.
- Use smaller stamps to fill the gaps.
- Don’t worry about imperfections, that’s part of stamping.
- Use foam to pop up the top layer of the page.
- Add extra details around the shapes such as sewing, hand stitching, hand drawn stitching.
- Cover some of the cutout areas with vellum.
- Turn some cut out areas into shakers.
- Fill the background with other materials such as sequins or photos.