Each month we have been spotlighting one of our awesome ScrapHappy members as a fun way to get to know everyone better. As a special gift for Thanksgiving we are highlighting two of our family members. (They will each get their own post so be on the look out.)
Dynamic duo Leslie and Lynnette put together our ScrapHappy member’s only LOAD in October and they rock it! I’m excited to introduce you to Lynnette here, she is one terrific gal.
1. Name: Lynnette Nagle2. Who lives with you? I live with my high school sweetheart and candy-making husband, Rob (he works for m&m/Mars), my hockey-playing/piano-playing/trumpet playing (basically 12 year old kid who likes to do everything) son, Timmy and my sassy figure skating 6 year old daughter, Gracie.
4. What was the topic of your first scrapbook page? It was a Christmas 2 page layout filled with oval cut photos and cropped photos with the corners rounded at a Creative Memories workshop.5. How would you define your scrapbooking style? Thoughtful pages and meaningful stories with attention to details. I love coming up with clever titles, adding stitching with my sewing machine or a threaded button to add that finishing touch.
6. When did you join the ScrapHappy family? I joined ScrapHappy after the completion of my very first LOAD in November 2010. Truly a life-changing time in my life. I am proud to be a “Lifer”.
7. What do you like best about the community? I love the support and friendships I have made that go beyond just scrapbooking. Leslie helped me through a very low point in my life when my Dad passed away. She has been my lifeline and my biggest scrapbook supporter. I also treasure the relationships that have been fostered with Valerie, Dani, Connie, Lisa, Heather, Kelli…to name just a few. I’ve only ever met Leslie in real life, but I know any of these ladies would be there to help me out in a heartbeat. It is definitely a special sisterhood.
8. What’s one thing about you that people learn right off the bat? I am a caring and thoughtful person.
9. What’s something we would be surprised to know about you? My first Dad passed away when I was 6 years old. My mother re-married when I was 9 and I was blessed with a wonderful 2nd Dad (can’t really even call him a step-dad).
10. What did you have for breakfast today? Pancakes, sausage, orange juice and coffee at my church’s pancake breakfast.
11. Do you have a favorite quote? “Jersey Girls Don’t Pump Gas” 🙂 “Done is better than perfect. ” – Lain Ehmann
Let’s take a look at a couple of Lynnette’s layouts:
“This was an emotional layout for me to complete, but defines why it is important to scrapbook. Sure, I loved printing out those little guest checks and attaching them with clothes pins. Sure, it’s a sweet photo of my Dad and my kids. However, this story truly illustrates who my Dad was and what he would do for me. I miss that guy everyday, but it is a tremendous comfort to know that his story will always be with us.”
“I created this layout using my September Counterfeit Kit, “Spa Retreat”. I love hunting through my stash to put kits together each month. This process coupled with LOAD has helped me become a more confident and inspired scrapper. I captured these beach pictures of my kids at the Jersey shore during our annual vacation. Ahh…I love the beach!”
Now that you’ve officially met Lynnette, be sure to show her some love on the message boards and gallery!