Each month we have been spotlighting one of our awesome ScrapHappy members as a fun way to get to know everyone better. As a special gift for Thanksgiving we are highlighting two of our family members. (They will each get their own post so be on the look out.)
Dynamic duo Leslie and Lynnette put together our ScrapHappy member’s only LOAD in October and they rock it! I’m excited to introduce you to Leslie here, she is super duper – see for yourself.
2. Who lives with you? My Knight in Shining Armor, my daughter’s cat Captain Hook, my grand-dog Lila and “the girls”: Mamma, Medium, Blondie & Barb Barb Maran, our eggstraordinary flock of chickens.
3. You’re stranded on a desert island. What five scrapbooking supplies do you bring along? Tim Holtz Tonic scissors, cases of PATTERNED PAPER, Uno Signoball white pens, a full set of black Pratt pens, adhesive (can I have 2 puhleeze? something dry plus Glossy Accents to hold the fish-scale sequins & pretty little seashells onto my pages :~) & paint.
4. What was the topic of your first scrapbook page? Oh my goodness – I have NO idea! Undoubtedly it was my children.
5. How would you define your scrapbooking style? Exuberant eclectic!
6. When did you join the ScrapHappy family?
LOAD 2010. I became a lifer the first time it was offered.
7. What do you like best about the community? That it truly IS a community – a caring, warm, welcoming virtual village of others obsessed with all things scrappy!
8. What’s one thing about you that people learn right off the bat? That I’m shy – just kidding! Hopefully that I know Jesus.
9. What’s something we would be surprised to know about you? hmmm… so much of me is out there on my pages after all this time spent together… perhaps that I Iove to roller skate? or maybe that I still haven’t done my wedding album & my 37th anniversary is this year!
10. What did you have for breakfast today? Coffee, grapefruit juice & 2 fresh poached eggs on an english muffin
11. Do you have a favorite quote? Psalm 40: 2-3 “He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.”
12. Three websites you visit regularly? Whimsical Musings challenge blog, Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog & The Graphics Fairy
Let’s take a look at a couple of Leslie’s layouts:
I love everything Leslie did with this layout! The title, the clocks, )especially that wood veneer), and a great photo that all works to tell a great story.
I love these photos Leslie used in this layout and white journaling on black paper always makes me swoon.
Now that you know Leslie a bit better, be sure to show her some love and let her know just how awesome you think she is!