I’ve got a secret…
…about girls. What do you love about being a girl? Or maybe write a letter to your younger self, or advice to a daughter/niece/granddaughter/special girl in your life.
Featured Designer: Sonja Akins
Sonja used an old ScrapHappy sketch for inspiration!
The journaling reads: Dear Rylee, you have been an artist since you were just a baby. Since you could hold a crayon in a chubby fist, you’ve “drawn” and “colored.” You’re so happy making art! But I’ve got a secret about girls. Besides great artists, we can be scientists & mathematicians, too. I have degrees in math, physics, biology, medical technology, & an MBA. You are so much like me in intelligence, looks, aptitudes, & temperament, that I know you will be good at the left-brain pursuits, as well as the right- ones!
● The background patterned cardstock, the blue scalloped layer, the red banner, and both circles are from My Mind’s Eye, Kaleidoscope Paper Pack #KPB001 (2006).
○The blue patterned cardstock was trimmed with “Clouds” Fiskars Paper Edgers.
○The red banner was punched using a Stampin’ Up! “Triple Punch” #138292.
○Both circles were cut using the Creative Memories Custom Cutting System’s smallest circle, on the outside, using the red blade.
○All these layers were edged with a Tsukineko Co, Ltd., StāzOn midi “Ganache” Solvent Ink Pad #SZ-MID-44 and a Ranger, Adirondack, Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Applicator & Felt “TIM20745” (2013).
● The photo was a “Brushed Moments” art print from Shutterfly, trimmed ½” on each side, and edged with the “Ganache” Ink Pad and Alcohol Ink Applicator & Felt. The corners were rounded with a PhotoMax Perfect Corner Cutter (10mm) large punch.
● The journaling was printed using a custom font made from my own handwriting.
● The following stickers were added below and on the photo, and on the upper circle:
○The microscope, beaker, and E=MC2 are from Hobby Lobby’s The Paper Studio, Stick•A•Bilities “Science Fair Glitter” #685743 (2011/2015).
○The painter’s palette and the A+ apple are from Hobby Lobby’s The Paper Studio, Stick•A•Bilities “School Glitter” #881482 (2015).
○The six gold enamel dots are from Hobby Lobby’s The Paper Studio, Gemstones “Gold/Silver Glitter” Enamel Stickers #1070424 (2013).
○The two gold arrows and the two gold chevrons (in the upper circle) are from Hobby Lobby’s The Paper Studio, Gemstones “Gold/Silver Arrows” Enamel Stickers #1072511 (2014).
● The title letters are as follows:
○The large letters (“secret”) are American Crafts, Thickers, Tangerine “Tiara” Chipboard Glitter Letter Stickers #42949.
○The medium letters (“GIRLS”) are American Crafts, Thickers, Gold “Fitzgerald” Glitter Letter Stickers #368162 (2014).
○The small letters are Recollections, Distributed by MSPCI, #212042.
● The word “Artist” on the photo was printed by Shutterfly, then I traced over it using a red Sakura, Gelly Roll, Metallic Gel Ink Pen #37354.
● All the title letters; the stickers below the photo; and the gold metallic dots, arrows, and chevrons were outlined using a silver Creative Memories, Precious Element, Metallic Fine-Tip pen.
● The date (SEP 16 2017) and “photographed on” were stamped beside the photo using an American Crafts, Dear Lizzy, “BEST. DAY. EVER.” Roller Date Stamp #59160 (2011), and a Tsukineko Co, Ltd., StāzOn “Jet Black” Solvent Ink Pad #SZ-31.
● The date (SEP 28 2017) and “Created” were stamped using an American Crafts, Amy Tangerine, “Today” Roller Date Stamp #59220 (2012), and the “Jet Black” ink pad.
● The “prompt date” was handwritten using a Sakura, Pigma Micron 05 Pigment Ink Pen #XSDK05.
● The prompt date (SEP 18 2017) was stamped using an American Crafts, Studio Calico, “1” Roller Date Stamp #96731 (2012), and the “Jet Black” ink pad.