Choose Your Prompt (or do both):
Our first featured designer today is Karen Poirier Brode.
- try a grid design to include multiple people in a single photo
- use black and white with simple backgrounds for a unified contemporary look
- a simple shelf design can add simplicity to a layout
- asymmetrical balanced placement of embellishments can add tension and interest to an otherwise static design
- try a hybrid page, especially when you want to use a particular font
- handmade embellishments are always a nice touch
- remember Lisa Dickinson’s adage – color, pattern, texture, and shine to make a page work (also, keep moderation in mind)
- If you run out of black foam adhesive, use felt marker to color side of white ones
- Eyeballing can work, but don’t forget your ruler
Our next featured designer is Monica Moriak.
I used a little black and shades of grey from the Katie Pertiet curated studio #29. The neutral colors let the photos stand out.
The journaling reads:
It is always bittersweet to say good bye to Aaron and Brendan after the holidays. I love spending time with them but also am very happy to see how excited they are to return to school. I know they are on the right track because they are happy, healthy adults; ready to move into the next chapter.
Upload your layout to the LOAD220 Gallery by midnight Pacific time. Leave some love on some of the layouts that you see there. Happy scrapping!