Choose Your Prompt (or do both):
Our first featured designer today is Karen Poirier Brode.
- try a grid design to include multiple people in a single photo
- use black and white with simple backgrounds for a unified contemporary look
- a simple shelf design can add simplicity to a layout
- asymmetrical balanced placement of embellishments can add tension and interest to an otherwise static design
- try a hybrid page, especially when you want to use a particular font
- handmade embellishments are always a nice touch
- remember Lisa Dickinson’s adage – color, pattern, texture, and shine to make a page work (also, keep moderation in mind)
- If you run out of black foam adhesive, use felt marker to color side of white ones
- Eyeballing can work, but don’t forget your ruler
Our next featured designer is Monica Moriak.
I used a little black and shades of grey from the Katie Pertiet curated studio #29. The neutral colors let the photos stand out.
The journaling reads:
It is always bittersweet to say good bye to Aaron and Brendan after the holidays. I love spending time with them but also am very happy to see how excited they are to return to school. I know they are on the right track because they are happy, healthy adults; ready to move into the next chapter.