Class: But Where Does the Story Go?
Instructor: Khristina Sorge from Redefined Kreative
Let’s learn about adding journaling to our scrapbook layouts in fun ways!
Some of Khristina’s tips:
1. Add journaling right on the photo. Be sure to use a pen that doesn’t smear, like a Sharpie pen or American Crafts Slick Writer.
2. Add paper bags that you slip cards into.
3. Add smaller sized inserts into mini books or a 12×12 album. You can add them directly to the binder rings.
4. Use pockets and flaps.
5. Add an extra layer of vellum to write on.
6. Use many layers to add more flaps for more journaling.
7. Tags can add a lot of journaling space.
8. Use labels to create a label stack area for journaling.
9. Use graph paper, ledger paper, lined paper, pockets, folders and envelopes.
10. Use frames to frame the journaling, they aren’t just for photos!
11. Use cut-apart sheets for journaling pieces or try a fun trick!
– Cut the cut-apart sheet, with all same size squares or rectangles, into a “+” shape. Fold the squares to create a smaller element that folds out into a lot of fun flip outs! Bonus: You can add it to a scrapbook layout or hole-punch it and add it to a binder ring so it is easily accessible.
12. You can also add a pull out tag to the back of a layout!
Products you might want to consider:
Waterfall paper kits from PhotoPlay.
Stamps from: Close to my Heart, 49th and Market and Artists Gather. Look for lines, alphas, and letter board stamps for journaling.
Video Replay with Q&A:
Just the Class:
Sign up for emails so you don’t miss the next ScrapSmarter session!