6. When did you join the ScrapHappy family? May 29, 2013, I joined at the end of my first LOAD. I found Lain quite by accident one day in Feburary 2013 on youtube and became hooked. I started participating in Scrapbook Improv and her monthly webinars and participated in LOAD513 and decided I wanted to be part of the fun all the time, so I joined ScrapHappy and I’m so glad I did.
7. What do you like best about the community? The great encouragement and the fact that there is no “cattiness” or competition to be the best, like so many other sites.
8. What’s one thing about you that people learn right off the bat? That I say what I mean and mean what I say. I don’t believe in beating around the bush. I’m very direct.
9. What’s something we would be surprised to know about you? My dream job would be to be a Broadway actress. I wanted to major in theater in college, but my parents didn’t think it was practical so instead I studied business.
10. What did you have for breakfast today? Chicken noodle soup (I’ve been obsessed with chicken & rice soup for the last few weeks, but all we had in the house was chicken & noodle)
11. Do you have a favorite quote? Life is like a a camera…focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out,
take another shot.
Here are a couple of Theresa’s favorite layouts and what she says to describe them:
“I created this 2 page layout during LOAD513 just under the wire for my oldest daughter, Taylor’s graduation. I love this layout because it is “so her.” She is a country girl at heart. I also took all the pics on the page. These photos were part of her senior portrait session that we did. I took her to a studio and had pics done by another photographer, but her favorites are the ones that I took.”
“This layout was also created during LOAD513. It is very simple but probably my favorite layout I’ve ever done. I fussy cut the knife from a pic that I printed off the internet and the pic is of me & my dad when I was about 4 years old and was taken on Christmas day. My dad is NEVER without his pocket knife and the weapons prompt that day was all about the knife and this just came to me the minute I read the prompt.”